Hockey Road Trip, Fall 2004
Week One - Southwest - Sat, 10/16 - Fri, 10/22
Week Two - Texas - Sat.,10/23 - Fri, 10/29
Week Three - Southeast - Sat, 10/30 - Fri, 11/5
Week Four - Southeast - Sat, 11/6 - Fri, 11/12
Week Five - Mid Atlantic - Sat, 11/13 - Fri, 11/19
Week Six - Long Island - Sat, 11/20 - Fri, 11/26
Week Seven - Midwest - Sat, 11/27 - Fri, 12/3
Week Eight - Midwest - Sat, 12/4 - Fri, 12/10
Week Nine - Las Vegas - Sat, 12/11 - Fri, 12/17
Week Ten - California - Sat, 12/18 - Fri, 12/24
Summary of trip
- Drove 12,961 miles. Travelled about 1,800 miles more. John did the driving to local SC hockey games and up to Long Island and Philadelphia for Thanksgiving.
- Saw 3 baseball games and 24 hockey games.
- Maintained a website (this one) during the trip.
- Did more than one unplanned thing.
- A radio broadcast interview about my trip (Topeka Tarantulas).
- Red Sox won the World Series.
- I liked Montgomery, AL.
- Ivan hurricane damage in Pensacola, FL.
- Driving through blizzard in Colorado.
Places To Go Back and Visit
- San Diego, CA
- Johnstown, PA
- Greenville, SC
- Texas (I like this state)
- Las Vegas, NV
Tips For Folks Taking a 10-Week Driving Vacation
- Take lots of pictures.
- Hampton Inns 'rock'.
- Check weather.com carefully. Get personal feedback from friends/relatives in the area you are travelling.
- Bring more clothes.
- Charge cell phone at every opportunity.
- Read itinerary everyday.
- Send post cards.
- Have someone to share your trip with via website, in person, on the phone or all.
Hockey Home Page
Baseball Home Page